The services and site are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly gather Personal Data from any user or site visitor that is under the age of 13. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has submitted information, we will attempt to remove that information as soon as possible.
If you wish to not divulge any of your personal contact information, you should contact event providers directly to ask about their alternatives for accessing information pertinent to the event.
Meeting Play, LLC
Attention: Privacy Department
5303 Spectrum Drive, Suite D
Frederick, MD 21703
The data we collect from you
In the operation of our site, we collect certain pieces of information about you, some of which is needed to perform the actions that occur with our technology. Examples of this information include your name, email address, telephone number, address, notification preferences, IP address, etc. However, most of this information, especially sensitive details (e.g. passwords) cannot be accessed by us as they are stored encrypted (meaning that they cannot be seen) in our system or are not stored by us at all.
- We collect your first name, last name and email address to log into our applications. We may collect your password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you participate in messaging, polling, surveys and/or interaction with our social features, we will collect information necessary for these features, which may include your name, e-mail, and other information. We may also collect other event-related information from you in order for the feature to function properly.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, phone, or social networking service (e.g., Twitter or Facebook), we may collect your name and contact information, as well as any other content included in your communication to us, in order to send you a reply, and for other reasons as stated in this policy.
- If you post content on publicly accessible portions of our Services, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see the content. If you signed in to your Account via a social networking site (“SNS”), your profile photo may be displayed along with your posted content.
- If you respond to one of our surveys, we will collect any Personal Data you provide in your survey responses.
General Use of Personal Data
In general, Personal Data is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to help provide and improve our and our Clients’ products, services, content, and advertising for you and other users. We, our authorized service providers, and our Clients that offer the event technology, may use your Personal Data for a variety of purposes, including:
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- To identify you as a user in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Services;
- To provide you with content that may be of interest to you;
- To provide the Services you request;
- To measure and analyze audience traffic and improve the quality of your experience when you interact with our Services;
- To send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- To send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- To respond to your inquiries or other requests;
- To help recognize you as a previous visitor and save and remember your preferences and settings and deliver to you appropriate interest-based content;
- To understand how you use our Services. For example, we may use Personal Data to determine whether our users read email messages and click on links within those messages;
- To detect and prevent fraud and other potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our Terms of Service; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time of collection or pursuant to your consent.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
We are also introducing a profile deletion tool. In any of our products, you may request to be forgotten, in accordance with the new GDPR regulations. That request will be reviewed, may require additional information for you, but will allow you and your data to be removed from our systems. The deletion of this data may result in the deletion of de-identification of certain associated other information.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
To comply with the GDPR guidelines MeetingPlay has implemented (mentioned above) a robust process to carry out ‘requests to be’ forgotten. The requests are to be sent in via the [email protected] email address and the MeetingPlay Information Security and Privacy team will begin the process.
MeetingPlay will comply with the GDPR when it becomes enforceable on May 25, 2018. MeetingPlay will also provide advisement to clients when and where relevant.
We may share the Personal Data we collect from or about you with the Clients that that have engaged us for an event. Our Clients may use and share this information for marketing, operational, analytics and other purposes pursuant to their own respective privacy policies and practices, for which we are not responsible, and that may differ from ours. Our Clients will also have access to any Personal Data collected from their own employees who access and use the administrative tools and features available through our Services together with any records or reports their employees create, and information about how their employees interact with and use those features and tools.
Information Collected Automatically.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information from your computer or device, including but not limited to:
- The date and time of your visit and the web pages, content and actions you view or take and links you click on while navigating within our Services;
- Information about your interactions with any content appearing on our Services, such as the type of content accessed via our Services;
- Information about your interactions with our email messages, such as the links you click on and whether you open or forward a message, the date and time of these interactions and the device you use to read emails;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address (a numerical address assigned to your computer or device by your Internet service provider so that other computers or devices connected to the Internet can communicate with your computer or device online) that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Search terms you enter using our Services or on a referral site;
- Unique identifiers such as mobile device advertising identifiers and non-global mobile device identification numbers;
- With your permission, your exact device location;
- Information about your device such as your device type and model, screen size, browser type, language and other settings, memory capacity, advertising identifiers, operating system, Wi-Fi information, radio type (e.g. LTE, 3G, etc.), carrier code, and time zone; and
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (see additional descriptions of these terms below).
Please note that Meeting Play, LLC may also be required to share some or all of your information in circumstances beyond our control, such as for the purposes of law enforcement or protection of you and other users of the site. First and foremost, Meeting Play, LLC must comply with the law. Your information may also be passed on in the event of a change of ownership or bankruptcy of Meeting Play, LLC.
More on how we secure the privacy of your information
To increase the privacy and security of the information you pass on to us, we encrypt your contact, information that you send through our site. But please note that not all websites provide this level of security to its visitors; just because we extend SSL capabilities, we cannot guarantee that those sites who link from or to us do the same.
We may share aggregated information about our Visitors, including the demographics of our Visitors and Authorized Customers, with our advertisers and third party vendors. We also offer the opportunity to “opt out” of receiving information or being contacted by us or by any agency acting on our behalf. We seek to ensure that such unaffiliated third-parties will not use your Personally Identifiable Information for any purpose other than that for which they are responsible.
Public Posts and Profile Pictures. Any content you post to public areas of the Services (e.g. the comment section on web pages) is available for public viewing Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, your content can be collected and used by others.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
(AS PROVIDED BY CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1798.83
A CALIFORNIA RESIDENT WHO HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL DATA TO A BUSINESS WITH WHOM HE/SHE HAS ESTABLISHED A BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP FOR PERSONAL, FAMILY, OR HOUSEHOLD PURPOSES (A “CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER”) MAY REQUEST INFORMATION ABOUT WHETHER THE BUSINESS HAS DISCLOSED PERSONAL DATA TO ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR THE THIRD PARTIES’ DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES. IN GENERAL, IF THE BUSINESS HAS MADE SUCH A DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA, UPON RECEIPT OF A REQUEST BY A CALIFORNIA CUSTOMER, THE BUSINESS IS REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A LIST OF ALL THIRD PARTIES TO WHOM PERSONAL DATA WAS DISCLOSED IN THE PRECEDING CALENDAR YEAR, AS WELL AS A LIST OF THE CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA THAT WERE DISCLOSED.